Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bridal Jewelry

This week I've been working on commissioned bridal jewelry for a September wedding. I'm very pleased with how the jewelry for the bride has turned out. I would describe it as simple yet elegant. The earrings for the 6 bridesmaids are even simpler yet with a touch of sparkle.

In the past I've worked with brides, mother's of the bride and sister's of the bride. In all cases, great attention to detail is needed which involves taking copious notes and obtaining a very clear understanding of exactly what the bride is looking for. I've often asked for pictures of the dress and I've even had bride's loan me their tiaras in an attempt to create jewelry pieces that match. It's also important to get proper measurements for the length of the necklace and the size of the wrist. I always strive to create jewelry that not only compliments the wedding dress yet also compliments the style and personality of the bride.

I never get tired of making bridal jewelry. Each time I get a request for custom jewelry I see it as an exciting challenge. I also love seeing the final product and getting a report back from the bride telling me how everyone loved her jewelry. It’s fun to be a part of someone’s special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment